Job Title :
Coordinator, US Payroll
HR and Organizational Dev.
Domtar Location :
Reference Number :
Language Requirements :
English and French, written and spoken, are required
Closing Date :
Your role :
The payroll group and HR systems has as a mission to manage the payroll operations within a timeframe, conform to the fiscal rules and regulations in addition to the policies and procedures of the company.
Reporting to the Manager, Payroll, your role will consist to produce, by collaborating with the coordination team, the pay of all unionized and non-unionized employees of all US Domtar’s divisions in a timely and accurate manner ensuring quality of the generated information.
More specifically, you will have to:
• Carry out activities relating to payroll production: bank deposits, accounting, suppliers interfaces and government remittances, etc.;
• Make special payments and employment termination compensation;
• Enter data for alimony and wages garnishment;
• Production of various monthly reports;
• Production of various adjusting entries;
• Balance and prepare payments for various suppliers;
• Respond to requests from internal and external clients;
• Participate in the fiscal year-end process;
• Work in close cooperation with the IT functional analyst on the monthly update of the SAP HR/Payroll system (tests).
You must successfully complete a selection process that includes interviews, aptitude tests (for some positions) and references verification.
Domtar is an equal opportunity employer. We invite women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Your profile :
• You have a college diploma in administration or accounting and you have between 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position with Canadian or American pay;
• Certification (level 1) of the Payroll Canadian Association is an asset;
• Experience with a major payroll software application as well as knowledge of the SAP system will be considered assets;
• You have good knowledge of GL conciliations and of the Canadian or American fiscal rules;
• You are proficient with Microsoft Office Software, particularly with Excel;
• You are known for your sound judgment, resourcefulness and strong ability to prioritize;
• You are a team player;
• This position requires the ability to execute responsibilities with a minimum amount of coaching;
• Though working hours are usually set, there are peak periods which may require a great deal of availability;
• You are fluent in both French and English, spoken and written.
Our Offer :
• A downtown location (Place des Arts metro) – Garden/park;
• A modern, spacious and dynamic environment;
• Competitive compensation, including annual bonus plan;
• An extended flexible insurance plan (life, medical, dental);
• An employee assistance program;
• A pension plan with matching company contributions to help make planning for your retirement easy;
• Employer-paid development and continuing education;
• A childcare centre on location.